|Qualification||T-Levels Digital Production Design and Development|
|Subject Area||Information Technology|
|Age Group(s)||16-18 year olds|
T Levels are new two-year, Level 3 study programmes that will follow the study of GCSEs and Technical Awards at Key Stage 4 and offer an attractive alternative to A Level sand Apprenticeships. T Levels will combine classroom theory, practical learning and a minimum 315 hours of industry placement with an employer to make sure students have real experience of the workplace. Students will also need to achieve a minimum standard of English and Maths; either GCSE grade 4 or above, or Level 2 Functional Skills.
The Technical Qualification (TQ) is the main classroom-based element of the T Level and will see students learning from a curriculum that has been shaped by industry experts. During the two-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge that underpins each industry and they will develop occupationally specific skills that will allow them to enter skilled employment within a specific occupation.
The T Level programmes have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so the content will meet the needs of industry and prepare students for work. They provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door to highly skilled employment, an Apprenticeship or higher-level study, including university.
- This Technical Qualification is for T Level students who are undertaking the T Level in Digital: Digital Production, Design and Development. It is intended for students who want to progress to a career in the Digital sector, with a focus on software design and development.
- The purpose of the T Level Technical Qualification in Digital: Digital Production, Design and Development is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into highly skilled employment, an Apprenticeship or higher level study, including university, within the specialist area of software design and development.
- At the end of the Technical Qualification, students are expected to demonstrate threshold competence, which means that they have gained the core knowledge and skills related to software design and development and are well placed to develop full occupational competence with additional development and support once in employment in the digital sector.
Students will learn about the following topics:
- Problem solving
- IT Programming
- Emerging issues and impact of digital
- Legislation and regulatory requirements
- Business context
- Digital environments
T-Levels provided a route to university with equal UCAS points to 3 A-levels. T level qualifications have also been designed by employers to give you the skills required to succeed in your career.
T-levels have been designed with both university and apprenticeships in mind. So, at the end of the course, you are in a good position to go to either route or you will have gained valuable work experience.
This Technical Qualification aligns to the Software Development Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship and therefore supports progression to entry-level job opportunities in software design and development. Job roles could include:
- Software Development Technician
- Junior Developer
- Junior Web Developer
- Junior Application Developer
- Junior Mobile App Developer
- Junior Games Developer
- Junior Software Developer
- Junior Application Support Analyst
- Junior Programmer
- Assistant Programmer
- Automated Test Developer.
The jobs available to the students will be based on their individual abilities in the digital sector and will be supported by their achievement of this qualification.
- Five GCSEs/international GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English, Maths and Science, and/or
- Vocational Tech Award qualification(s) at Level 2 at Pass and above in a relevant subject, e.g. BTEC Tech Award in Digital Information Technology.
(Exceptions to entry requirements onto our level 3 qualifications may be considered)
Exam Board: Pearson
This is a two-year course.
In the first year, you will complete two externally set exams in the core component and an employer set project.
In the second year, you will complete an occupational specialism in Digital sector through synoptic assignments
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification. However, you will need study materials such as pen, notebook. We shall provide you with additional resources.
For ages 16-18
Level 1 BTEC IT
Level 1 GATEWAY Award in Cybersecurity
Level 2 Award in Games Design & Development
Level 2 BTEC IT
Level 2 BTEC Technical Diploma in Digital Technology (Networking & Cyber Security)
Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma in Information Technology
Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Information Technology
Level 3 BTEC National Extended Certificate in Information Technology
Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT