|Qualification||Level 2 IT Users and Cyber Security|
|Subject Area||Leisure and Community|
Train for a career that will stay in-demand for decades to come. Content includes:
- Developing the skills needed for employment.
- Gaining practical experience and competence with contemporary technologies including programming where appropriate.
- Developing practical skills in creativity and problem solving.
- Developing an understanding of information technology and cyber security threats.
- Developing an understanding of the legal, social, economic, ethical and environmental issues raised by information technology.
- Developing safe, secure and responsible practice when using information technology including reducing risk and increasing security.
This level 1 course allows students to undertake both information technology user skills and cyber security units. Therefore, it is an excellent way for learners to not only understand the difference between the two strands but make an informed decision as to the area of interest and progression.
Learners will study units such as:
- Website software
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing Software
- Email Software
- IT Security software
- Internet security for IT users
Cybersecurity jobs are in high demand and it does not seem like the need for more security professionals is going anywhere in the foreseeable future.
Progress to a Level 2 or 3 course, orCyber Security Apprenticeship, or University
Cyber Security Consultant, Junior Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Business Analyst, Cyber Security Software Developer, Forensic Computer analyst, Information systems Officer, IT consultant. Salaries range from £40,000 – £80,000.
For Level 1 - 4 GCSEs grade 2 or above.
For Level 2 - 4 GCSEs grade 3 or above.
Evidence has to be provided against the unit assessment criteria from practical tasks related to the learners' everyday work supported by information technology skills. This will be through internal assignments and verification by the external moderator.
Access to a computer or laptop and basic stationery.
Beginners IT Word and Excel
Dance, Fitness and Wellbeing
Employability and IT Skills
Introduction to IT for ESOL learners
Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring
Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
Level 1 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Wellbeing
Level 1 NCFE in Employability Skills
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
Yoga and Mindfulness