Level 2 IT Users
|Qualification||Level 2 IT Users and Cyber Security|
|Subject Area||Leisure and Community|
Train for a career that will stay in-demand for decades to come. Content includes:
- Developing the skills needed for employment.
- Gaining practical experience and competence with contemporary technologies including programming where appropriate.
- Developing practical skills in creativity and problem solving.
- Developing an understanding of information technology and cyber security threats.
- Developing an understanding of the legal, social, economic, ethical and environmental issues raised by information technology.
- Developing safe, secure and responsible practice when using information technology including reducing risk and increasing security.
This level 2 course allows students to undertake both information technology user skills units. Therefore, it is an excellent way for learners to not only understand the difference between the two strands but make an informed decision as to the area of interest and progression.
Learners will study units such as:
- Website software
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing Software
- Email Software
- IT Security software
- Internet security for IT users
Progress to a Level 2 or 3 course, or Apprenticeship, or University
Cyber Security Consultant, Junior Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Business Analyst, Cyber Security Software Developer, Forensic Computer analyst, Information systems Officer, IT consultant. Salaries range from £40,000 – £80,000.
For Level 1 - 4 GCSEs grade 2 or above.
For Level 2 - 4 GCSEs grade 3 or above.
Evidence has to be provided against the unit assessment criteria from practical tasks related to the learners' everyday work supported by information technology skills. This will be through internal assignments and verification by the external moderator.
Access to a computer or laptop and basic stationery.
Art for Wellbeing
Beginners IT Word and Excel
Dance, Fitness and Wellbeing
Employability and IT Skills
Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
Level 1 NCFE in Employability Skills
Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
Yoga and Mindfulness