|Qualification||Level 1 Essential Digital Skills|
|Subject Area||Leisure and Community|
THIS COURSE IS FREE (subject to status) - DON'T MISS OUT!
Research suggests that over 11 million people in the UK do not have the digital skills necessary to succeed in the workplace or to actively engage with an increasing range of digital services.
The qualifications are appropriate for adults across a wide range of settings. The qualifications are aimed at two levels:
Entry level - if you have no no or little prior experience of using digital devices or the internet check out the Entry level Essential Digital Skills course.
Level 1 - if you have some experience of using digital devices and the internet but lack basic digital skills then this level is appropriate for you.
The content of the qualifications is based on the National standards for essential digital skills April 2019 (reference: DfE-00082-2019) and covers 5 skills areas :
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online
For further information, access the National Standards for Essential Digital Skills document.
The qualifications are appropriate for adults across a wide range of settings.
The DfE national standards in essential digital skills acknowledges that some adults may need support to handle and use digital devices for the first time and learn the following foundation skills before enrolling on an entry level course.
- Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
- Using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
- use of accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
- Interacting with the home screen on a device
- Connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
- Opening and accessing an application on a device.
Progression may be onto higher-level IT qualifications or a number of other college programmes.
No previous formal qualifications are required for entry to these qualifications. Learners should normally have English skills at the level below their chosen qualification. Students must achieve at least 80% attendance
Initial assessment required prior to start
Level 1 is designed for adults with some experience of using digital devices and the internet but lacking secure basic digital skills.
This course is assessed via an online examination and internal assessment during the course.
Lesson delivered on line. Must have access to a computer and Office 365
Beginners IT Word and Excel
Dance, Fitness and Wellbeing
Employability and IT Skills
Introduction to IT for ESOL learners
Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring
Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
Level 1 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Wellbeing
Level 1 NCFE in Employability Skills
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
Level 2 IT Users and Cyber Security
Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
Yoga and Mindfulness