|Subject Area||Leisure and Community|
6 week intensive course.
This Level 1 qualification covers a range of skills and relevant supporting knowledge to help prepare students for applying numbers in business and working in a business environment.
It will give students an understanding of:
- how different organisations operate
- how to contribute effectively in the workplace
- how businesses process sales and purchases, and the documents and procedures associated with this.
Students will also be equipped with the basic numerical skills needed in the workplace, such as decimals, percentages and fractions, and applying proportions and ratios.
Working in the business environment
This unit introduces students to the skills needed in the workplace, including the importance of teamwork, communication, effective time management and professional behaviour. They'll also learn about some of the core finance processes linked to sales and purchase orders.
- Develop skills for the workplace.
- Understand how organisations operate.
- Understand how sales and purchases support businesses.
- Apply business procedures to sales and purchases.
Using numbers in business
Numeracy is an essential business skill. This unit will introduce students to the basic skills needed when working with numbers in a business environment, developing confidence and skills to use and apply numbers to a wide range of situations.
- Perform simple business calculations.
- Calculate decimals, fractions, percentage, proportions and ratios.
- Use tools and techniques to present numerical data.
Assessment – 1 computer-based exam
Art for Wellbeing
Beginners IT Word and Excel
Dance, Fitness and Wellbeing
Digital Skills for Business – Microsoft Excel
Employability and IT Skills
Level 1 AAT Award in Bookkeeping
Level 1 Award in Customer Service
Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
Level 1 NCFE in Employability Skills
Level 2 IT Users
Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
Level 4 Certificate Leadership and Management
Yoga and Mindfulness