Art for Wellbeing
|Subject Area||Leisure and Community|
Creativity is a human quality that exists in every single one of us.
This 10 hour course allows you to explore a range of creative projects which will help you to discover the benefits of being creative.
Evidence suggests that engaging in art helps to:
- Build self-awareness and coping skills
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Improve cognitive and motor function
- Reduce stress
- Strengthen communication and social skills.
Our aim is to empower you to develop your personal insight through creativity and self-expression.
- On to further art and wellbeing classes and possible specialisation in different mediums.
- All who are interested in exploring an alternative approach to wellbeing.
- The course is not about talent or skills but about exploring the links between mental health and creativity.
- No Assessment.
- Tutor guidance throughout course.
- We believe in the art process over the product; that the wellbeing journey is far more powerful than the outcome on canvas.
Bring own sketch book. You are also welcome to bring your own art resources for each session but we will be providing all materials needed throughout the course.
Beginners IT Word and Excel
Dance, Fitness and Wellbeing
Employability and IT Skills
Introduction to IT for ESOL learners
Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring
Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
Level 1 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Wellbeing
Level 1 NCFE in Employability Skills
Level 2 IT Users and Cyber Security
Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
Yoga and Mindfulness