University of Westminster
Caitlin Pedder, a student outreach officer from the University of Westminster, came to Stanmore College n the 20th of October 2022. Sharing her experiences of why she decided to go to university, she informed students of what they need to research before making such as important decision.
Caitlin did not know what her next steps were when she finished college and decided to go to university to study a history degree as it was her favourite subject.
Important things students should look at include:
- Living costs
- Tuition fee costs
- Student Finance
- Time commitment
- Entry requirements
- Bursaries. Scholarships
- Different type of courses (BA, BSC, LLB, HND)
The University of West London had 4 sites, 3 of them based in London. It has seven subject schools and over 200 degree courses.
Most of their courses include work experience to give students more advantage when applying for jobs.
The differences between college and university
- Thousands of courses to choose from.
- Various types of qualifications to choose form.
- Built and instructed by industry professionals and accredited by professional bodies
- Give learners more independent study although students can reach out for support when they feel they need it.
- There are over 150 universities to choose from as you can change where you live as you have more flexibility due to student finance.
Caitlin also went on to share tips and tricks on how to create a successful UCAS personal statement.