|Qualification||Level 3 Fitness instructing and Personal Training (NCFE)|
|Attendance||Full time, On site|
|Age Group(s)||16-18 year olds|
This 1-year course prepares students to become fitness professionals and progress onto the path of providing personal training to clients. The in-depth course covers units ranging from anatomy and physiology to delivering exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme. Further on, the course expands on applying the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme.
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer in a variety of settings.
It is aimed at individuals looking to start out in the fitness industry and work in a gym environment.
Course content includes:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
The qualification is mapped to the CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) Gym Instructor and Personal Trainer professional standards.
Successful completion of this course will enable learners to progress into employment as a qualified Level 3 Personal Trainer onto level 4 courses.
4 GCSE's at grade A* - C (9 - 4) or above including English or Maths.
Individual applications who do not meet this criteria can be discussed.
To be awarded the Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing and Personal Training, learners must achieve 12 mandatory units.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.