Welcome to Stanmore College -- Sport, Leisure and Fitness.
Combine your love of sports and fitness with qualifications that can progress you to higher education or a career in the industry.
Our sports teachers are enthusiastic and come from a variety of sporting and teaching backgrounds and many are still very involved with sport outside the College. We also have an enviable enrichment programme of extra-curricular activities.
We offer a range of courses at various levels.
- Football Scholarship Scheme / Football Preparation Course
- Level 1 NCFE Sports Programme
- Level 2 NVQ Fitness Instruction
- Level 3 NVQ in Personal Training
- Level 3 Supporting Physical Education
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport / Football Preparation Course
Progression opportunities include higher education/university or employment in professional sport or the leisure industry.
Stanmore college has an excellent reputation with success up to 20% higher than the London average for colleges.
What facilities do we have?
Mike Daisy Studio
Careers you could progress to
Sport employment remains a crucial component of the British economy. The number of people with sport-related jobs is estimated at over 40,000 - and the Olympics and Paralympics are raising the importance of sport, health and fitness even further.
This sector is predicted to be one of the largest growth employment areas of the UK.
- Professional athlete
- Sports Psychologist
- Personal trainer
- Multi sports coach
Sport Study Programme at Stanmore College
A Sport Study Programme at Stanmore College consists of:
A vocational course (Level 1,2 & 3), tutorial, enterprise related enrichment, extra curriculum related enrichment, work experience in a relevant institution, preparation for application to an appropriate employer, an option subject.
Alongside the Sport Study Programme, students will also study level 2 in fitness instructing in their first year and the level 3 personal training in second year.
It is designed to give applicants an even better chance of getting into a career of their choice through the addition of specific activities.
Our Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training prepares students to become fitness professionals and progress onto the path of providing personal training to clients.
You will be able to practice as a personal trainer and progress onto a related level 4 qualification.
Listen to what our students have to say...
Our students enjoy a wide range of fantastic events and opportunities; to name just some of these that took place during the last academic year ...
- 14 sports students awarded with a scholarship to undertake a 3 week intensive programme this summer at leading specialist's, Premier Fitness Training (this meant they only had to pay £200 each rather than the usual £2,500 and would be qualified coaches on completion of the programme.
- Students involved in the 2012 Balfour Beatty London Youth Games - volleyball competition.
- College Sports' Day at Roger Bannister Stadium -- prizes for winners a big hit!
- Trips included white water rafting and trip to Middlesex University where they participated in a range of fitness tests and learned about sports' psychology, disability, environmental impact and the Olympic Legacy.
- Large number of students received tickets via the College to the Olympic Games.
- Girls' team rounded off the season in style with a cup win in the Middlesex FA Women's Colleges five-a-side tournament at Wembley Powerleague crushing previously unbeaten New Vic College 7-0. Student, Victor Dos Santos Soares won the 400 metres at Loughborough International Games (U20) and was ranked 3 rd in the UK.
- A number of Stanmore's male footballers selected to play for Middlesex Schools U17s during the year.
- Former student, Zack Evenden, having undertaken a BTEC National Diploma in Sport at Stanmore, won a full scholarship to university in America.
- Sports' department saw 47 students through to qualified student football coach status.
- Two Stanmore girls won football scholarships to top American Universities.
For ages 16-18
Level 1 NCFE Sports Programme
Level 2 NVQ Fitness Instructor
Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
Level 3 Supporting Physical Education