|Level 2 Digital T-Level Transition programme
|16-18 year olds
Think you might like to do a T Level, but need more time to get ready? The T Level Transition Programme will help you develop your skills and prepare you for the next level. It’s a one-year post-GCSE course designed to get you T Level ready. It will give you relevant knowledge, practical and study skills, work experience and support tailored to you and your chosen T Level subject area.
The Digital T Level Transition Programme Level 2 is a transition programme for Level 2 learners who aspire to progress onto a T Level and work in the Software Production or Digital Industries.
Its purpose is to help learners develop a broad range of knowledge, skills and behaviours that will help them to progress onto and succeed on the Digital Production, Design & Development T-Level
You can expect to:
- gain technical knowledge and practical skills relevant to your chosen T Level subject
- get ready for your T Level with industry work experience and preparation
- develop industry-relevant English and maths skills, and digital skills
- benefit from focused individual support and personal development
- plan the right next step for you – and get the skills to succeed when you get there
- 4 GCSEs/international GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including English, Maths, ICT, and/or*
- Vocational Tech Award qualification(s) at Level 1 at Pass and above in a relevant subject, e.g. BTEC Tech Award in ICT.
*If a Grade 4 in maths and English has not been achieved, you will be learning this alongside your Transition Programme with the expectation to have achieved this by the time you progress onto the T Level.
Students may demonstrate the ability to succeed in various ways. For example, they may have relevant work experience or specific aptitude shown through diagnostic tests or non-educational experience.
Achieving this Technical Qualification will provide progression to T level in Digital production, design and development. T Levels are new technical qualifications that will take your future to the next level. T Levels are full-time 2-year courses that provide you with the perfect balance of classroom learning and real-world experience. A T Level is a nationally recognised qualification that is equivalent to 3 A Levels.
The T Level Transition Programme will help you develop knowledge, skills and behaviours across five key areas to prepare you for your chosen T Level subject area.
- English, maths and digital skills
- Industry-relevant technical knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and skills for the workplace
- Positive attitude and behaviours
- Skills for successful study
Exam Board: Pearson
You will be assessed using a range of methods including:
- Work placement/journal
- Witness testimony
- Personal statements
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16-18
Level 1 BTEC IT
Level 1 GATEWAY Award in Cybersecurity
Level 2 BTEC IT
Level 2 BTEC Technical Diploma in Digital Technology (Networking & Cyber Security)
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Cyber Security
Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma in Information Technology
Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Information Technology
Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices
Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT
T-Levels Digital Production Design and Development