T-Levels are courses, which are taken after GCSEs and are equivalent to 3 A-Levels, apprenticeships and other 16-19 courses. These 2-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work.


Equal to 3 A Levels

Equivalent to completing 3 A-Levels, T-Levels focus on practical skills, starting a career, further education, or apprenticeships.

Both T-Levels and A-Levels are widely recognised by universities and employers. The choice between them is yours.

For instance, achieving a Distinction* in a T-Level is like earning three A*s in A-Levels, totalling 168 UCAS Tariff points.

Over 16,000 students started a T-Level in 2023/24.

75% of T-Level students progressed into education or employment in their general subject field.



80% Classroom Learning,

20% Practical Experience

Throughout your course, the majority of your time, 80%, will be spent in a learning environment where you'll acquire valuable skills sought after by employers. The remaining 20% will involve participating in a significant industry placement.
This practical experience offers an exceptional chance to implement your learning, refine your abilities, explore potential
career paths, and expand your knowledge.
Almost all T-Level completers were in education or employment 9-10 months after their course – 44% undertaking a university degree, 40% in paid work, 13% on an apprenticeship, 5% other type of qualification.

75% of T-Level students progressed into education or employment in their general subject field.


45-Day Work Experience in Industry

T-Levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of at least 315 hours (approximately 45 days).


30% of learners in paid work or an apprenticeship who undertook a T-Level industry placement were working for their industry placement organisation.

82% of learners agreed that their T-Level had allowed them to progress to what they wanted to do.

Students will be able to take a T Level post GCSEs in the following subject areas at Stanmore College:

T-Levels Science

Read More

T-Levels Education and Early Years

Read More

T-Levels Accounting

Read More

T-Levels Management and Administration

Read More

T-Levels Digital Production Design and Development

Read More

T-Levels Health

Read More

They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.

Click here to view the Student’s Guide to T Levels

Click here to view T Level Information for Parents

Click here to view the Employer’s Guide to T Levels



Please click the link below to see a list of universities that are accepting T levels for entry onto one of their degree courses:


We've put some small files called cookies on your device to make our site work.

We'd also like to use analytics cookies. These send information about how our site is used to a service called Google Analytics, and we also perform our own in-house tracking. We use this information to improve our site, and it does not personally identify you.

Let us know if this is OK. We'll use a cookie to save your choice. You can read more about our cookies before you choose.

I'm OK with analytics cookies Do not set analytics cookies