|Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Cyber Security
|16-18 year olds and Adults
In an increasingly digital world, cyber security is fast becoming a main concern for most organisations. With complex online scams and cybercrime, it is essential that organisations understand preventative measures to maintain cyber security, including techniques and security checks needed to store data securely.
This qualification is designed to provide learners with sector awareness. It will do this by increasing the knowledge and understanding of roles and issues relating to Cyber Security. It will also act as a steppingstone for learners who wish to study cyber security at a higher level.
This qualification aims to:
- focus on the study of the principles of cyber security
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge of cyber security.
What will you learn:
It is made up of six mandatory units as follows:
- Introduction to cyber security
- Understand terminology used in cyber security
- Understand legal and ethical aspects of cyber security
- Understand common threats to cyber security
- Understand methods of maintaining cyber security
- Working with others in cyber security
- 3 GCSEs/international GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including English, Maths, ICT, and/or*
- Vocational Tech Award qualification(s) at Level 1 at Pass and above in a relevant subject, e.g. BTEC Tech Award in ICT.
*If a Grade 4 in maths and English has not been achieved, you will be learning this alongside your Transition Programme with the expectation to have achieved this by the time you progress onto the T Level.
Students may demonstrate the ability to succeed in various ways. For example, they may have relevant work experience or specific aptitude shown through diagnostic tests or non-educational experience.
Achieving this Qualification will provide progression to Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices or T level in Digital production, design and development. A T Level is a nationally recognised qualification that is equivalent to 3 A Levels.
This qualification will help you develop knowledge, skills and behaviours across six key areas related to cyber security. You will achieve NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Cyber Security certificate.
Exam Board: NCFE
Assessments will be marked by an allocated tutor who will provide you with detailed feedback. You will be assessed against criteria where all learning outcomes of the course have to be covered; your tutor will give you guidance for this.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16-18
Level 1 BTEC IT
Level 1 GATEWAY Award in Cybersecurity
Level 2 BTEC IT
Level 2 BTEC Technical Diploma in Digital Technology (Networking & Cyber Security)
Level 2 Digital T-Level Transition programme
Level 3 BTEC Foundation Diploma in Information Technology
Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Information Technology
Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices
Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT
T-Levels Digital Production Design and Development