|Level 2 Accounting T-Level Transition programme
|16-18 year olds
In the UK the accounting sector is worth approximately £6 billion, with over 7500 organisations and just under 50,000 employees. Accountants are required not only to manage the finances of organisations, ranging from sole traders through to large corporate companies, but also for decision-making for the business, based on their financial accounting expertise.
Think you might like to do a T Level, but need more time to get ready? The T Level Transition Programme is a Level 2 programme will help you develop your skills and prepare you for the next level. It’s a one-year post-GCSE course designed to get you T Level ready. It will give you relevant knowledge, practical and study skills, work experience and support tailored to you and your chosen T Level subject area.
You can expect to:
- gain technical knowledge and practical skills relevant to your chosen T Level subject
- get ready for your T Level with industry work experience and preparation
- develop industry-relevant English and maths skills, and digital skills
- benefit from focused individual support and personal development
- plan the right next step for you – and get the skills to succeed when you get there
- 3 GCSEs/international GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including English, Maths and Science, and/or*
- Vocational Tech Award qualification(s) at Level 1 at Pass and above in a relevant subject, e.g. BTEC Tech Award in Business.
*If a Grade 4 in maths and English has not been achieved, you will be learning this alongside your Transition Programme with the expectation to have achieved this by the time you progress onto the T Level.
Students may demonstrate the ability to succeed in various ways. For example, they may have relevant work experience or specific aptitude shown through diagnostic tests or non-educational experience.
Achieving this Technical Qualification will provide progression to T Levels in Accounting with specialism in assistant accountant. T Levels are new technical qualifications that will take your future to the next level. T Levels are full-time 2-year courses that provide you with the perfect balance of classroom learning and real-world experience. A T Level is a nationally recognised qualification that is equivalent to 3 A Levels.
The T Level Transition Programme will help you develop knowledge, skills and behaviours across five key areas to prepare you for your chosen T Level subject area.
- English, maths and digital skills
- Industry-relevant technical knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and skills for the workplace
- Positive attitude and behaviours
- Skills for successful study
Exam Board: Pearson
You will be assessed using a range of methods including:
- Work placement/journal
- Witness testimony
- Personal statements
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.