T-Levels Science at Stanmore College
T-Levels are a new qualification equivalent to a 3 A-levels. They have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for work, further training or study. As part of the course you will complete a significant work placement as well as face to face teaching at college. This course will give you both the knowledge and skills required to have a successful career working in the science sector.
The Science course will include:
- A work placement in an area of interest such as within a hospital or a laboratory in industry.
- An academic qualification covering: Core science concepts, Working within the health and science sector, Good scientific and clinical practice, Safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector, Health.
- An occupational specialism component in laboratory sciences.
The core content for the 3 T Levels will cover the following areas:
- Working within the health and science sector.
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector.
- Safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector.
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector.
- Good scientific and clinical practice.
- Core science concepts.
- Experimental equipment and techniques.
T-Levels provided a route to University with equal UCAS points to 3 A-levels. T level qualifications have also been designed by employers to give you the skills required to succeed in your career.
T-levels have been designed with both university and apprenticeships in mind. So at the end of the course you are in a good position to go to either route and you will have gained valuable work experience.
- To university
- Or a Apprenticeship level 4 qualification
Progression could be into employment where professional body examinations or NVQ's may be taken, or students could continue to higher education programmes in this area.
4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English, maths and science, or BTEC First Diploma in a related science subject at Merit grade.
Exam Board: NCFE
You will complete exams in the core component in the first year as well as an employer set project.
In the second year you will complete an occupational specialism in laboratory sciences through synoptic assignments.
Materials: £35 towards the cost of textbooks plus visits, etc.
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science
- Level 2 BTEC First Award in Principles of Applied Science
- Level 1 BTEC Introductory Diploma in Applied Science
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science - Forensic +Criminal Investigation
- GCSE Biology
- AS Chemistry