Yoga and Mindfulness at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Yoga and Mindfulness|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
Bringing mindful awareness to yoga as well as any physical activity The main point with mindful yoga is to be curious and open to what you are noticing—without judgment or attachment—investigating your bodily sensations as fully as possible. Transforming the movement into a form of meditation
Opening meditation - warm up movements - yin and restorative asanas (poses) to de-stress relax and rejuvenate with breathing to help assist with the mindful practice, to completely de-stress and slow down the mind and body. Once you have completed a sequence of long holding poses, there will be a closing meditation.
All yoga students will feel a stronger connection to the body and more calm with a great sense of mindful well being. Be de-stressed and more mindful about how the body feels along with a greater breath awareness
From completing the yoga and mindfulness course, the yoga student will be able to progress onto more challenging yoga sessions or other styles of yoga classes. Like Hatha yoga or yin or even ashtanga flowing yoga.
No formal previous yoga experience necessary, an open mind and willingness to learn how to slow down and embrace the whole health and well being benefits for the mind and body.
This is a short course, and 90% attendance will be required
Informal assessment by tutor, will be carried out throughout the course.
During the course you will be required to give feedback and complete a short questionnaire at the end of the course
If you have a yoga mat, blocks and eye bags please bring it along. Hand wipes or surface wipes Small flannel or towel
Please wear loosely fitted and comfortable clothing.
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety
- Entry 3 Essential Digital Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Wellbeing
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel Certificate in Providing Security Services
- Introduction to IT for ESOL learners