Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism at Stanmore College
Over 700,000 people in the UK have autism, meaning that 2.8 million people have a relative on the autism spectrum. Lack of understanding of the condition makes individuals with autism and their families susceptible to isolation and mental health conditions. Therefore, it is crucial that those who work or want to work in the health and social care sector develop an in depth knowledge and understanding of autism. Not only will this help to give individuals with autism access to the support they need, but it will also contribute to dispelling the myths that exist about the condition.
This course will equip learners with a strong knowledge of autism, including how to support individuals with the condition, the relevant legislative framework, the therapeutic interventions available and safeguarding responsibilities.
This course is split into six manageable units: Unit 1: Autism in Context Unit 2: Positive Behavioural Support for Individuals with Autism Unit 3: Understand Support and Management of Transitions for Individuals with Autism Unit 4: Therapeutic Interventions and Support Available for Individuals with Autism and Co-occurring Conditions Unit 5: Communication and Social Interaction with Individuals with Autism Unit 6: Safeguarding and Resilience in Autism.
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
Laptop or Computer.
For ages 19+
- Entry 3 Essential Digital Skills
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
- Digital Parenting for ESOL learners
- Chair Yoga
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 BCS ECDL Award in IT User Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Introduction to IT for ESOL learners