Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
The purpose of this qualification is to give learners the knowledge and understanding of their legal responsibility to safeguard and protect the welfare of children and learners.
This qualification is designed for any member of staff, parent, governor, volunteer or visitor that works with, or has access to, children and learners.
To be awarded the Level 1 Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings, learners are required to successfully complete 2 mandatory units.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools.
Entry is at the discretion of the centre. However, learners should be aged 19 or above to undertake this qualification.
This qualification is internally assessed with an externally quality assured portfolio of evidence.
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Level 2 Certificate in Special Education Needs and Disability
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in Digital Skills
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel Certificate in Providing Security Services
- Improvers IT for ESOL learners
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Dance, Fitness and Wellbeing
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People