Level 3 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
In 2012, 52% of all deaths occurred in a hospital, yet hospitals were ranked the lowest in terms of the overall quality of care provided during the end of life period.In the same year, hospices were ranked as offering the highest quality of care during the end of life period, with care homes a close second, and the home third.
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, but will also prove to any current or future employer that you have the willingness and enthusiasm to go that extra mile in order to provide the best care for people during this sensitive and emotional time of their lives.
This qualification will provide learners who are already working, or who are intending to work, in the health and social care sector, with knowledge and understanding of end of life care in order to support their role and develop their career.
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Understanding end of life care Unit 2: Communication during end of life care Unit 3: Assessment and care planning in end of life care Unit 4: Person-centred approaches to end of life care Unit 5: Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
Laptop or computer.
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Digital Parenting for ESOL learners
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
- Improvers IT for ESOL learners
- Chair Yoga
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
- Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- Introduction to IT for ESOL learners
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel Certificate in Providing Security Services