Level 2 Certificate in Special Education Needs and Disability at Stanmore College
Recent findings have demonstrated that 3.3% of all pupils in schools in England have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, in comparison to only 3.1% in 2019. A further 12.1% of all pupils who do not have an EHC plan have Special Education Needs (SEN) support within the school environment – this is an increase on 11.9% in 2019.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including equality and diversity in the context of SEND and legislation and guidance that helps promote this. Learners will also look at how a personcentred approach can benefit individuals living with SEND, how SEND conditions can affect learning and how to support those living with SEND and their families.
This qualification is aimed at anyone who wishes to develop an in-depth knowledge of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), particularly in order to progress into related employment in education or health and social care settings.
Anyone who currently works in the education and health and social care sectors would also benefit from the course, as well as anyone with a personal need for or interest in developing a more detailed understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
This course is split into five manageable units: Unit 1: Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Unit 2: Understanding equality and diversity in the context of SEND Unit 3: Principles of promoting a person-centred approach for individuals with SEND Unit 4: Understanding SEND and learning Unit 5: Living with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the education or health and social care sectors
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Increase your awareness of SEND and be able to better support individuals with SEND in your everyday life and in a work setting
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Laptop or computer.
For ages 19+
- Level 1 BCS Award in IT User Skills (ECDL Essentials)
- First Aid at work
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Level 2 Certificate in Personal Exercise Health and Nutrition
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
- Digital Parenting for ESOL learners
- Beginners IT Word and Excel
- Level 1 NCFE in Employability Skills
- Level 2 BCS ECDL Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring