T-Levels Health and Science at Stanmore College
T-Levels are a new qualification equivalent to a 3 A-levels. They have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for work, further training or study. As part of the course you will a long work placement as well as face to face teaching at college. This course will give you both the knowledge and skills required to have a successful career working in science or healthcare sectors.
The Health and Science course will include:
- A work placement in an area of interest such as Supporting the Mental Health team, Pharmacy Services, Laboratory Sciences
- A academic qualification covering: Core science concepts, Working within the health and science sector, Good scientific and clinical practice, Safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector, Health
The core content for the 3 T Levels will cover the following areas:
- Working within the health and science sector
- Safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Core science concepts
T-Levels provided a route to University with equal UCAS points to 3 A-level’s. T level qualification have also been designed by employers to give you the skills required to succeed in your career.
T-levels have been designed with both university and apprenticeships in mind. So at the end of the course you are in a good position to go to either route.
- To university
- Or a Apprenticeship level 4 qualification
Progression could be into employment where professional body examinations or NVQ's may be taken, or students could continue to higher education programmes in this area.
4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English, Maths and Science, or BTEC First Diploma in a related science subject at Merit grade.
Exam Board: NCFE
Materials: £35 towards the cost of textbooks plus visits, etc.
For ages 16-18
- Level 1 Diploma in Health & Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
For ages 19+
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Nutrition & Health