Level 2 Apprenticeship Community Activator Coach at Stanmore College
A Community Activator Coach leads and coachs fun, inclusive and engaging activities that help people of all ages to change their behaviour and adopt and maintain a physically active lifestyle. The course equips individuals for work in local authorities; sports clubs; leisure centres; youth work agencies; housing associations and outdoor education centres. Typically this apprenticeship will take 18 months to complete
Community Activator Coach Level 2 (Knowledge component)
This element of the programme is delivered within the College and covers understanding the benefits of physical activity, principles of behavioural change when applied to sport, customer insight, leadership and coaching, tasks involved in delivering community level activation events, supporting customer welfare, accurate record keeping, social media and technology to deliver messages, the key components of n activity session and overcoming personal and societal barriers to participation.
There are also skills and behavioural components.
An institute for apprenticeships regulated:
Level 2 Apprenticeship Community Activator Coach
Professional recognition: On successful completion of the Standard, all Apprentices will be automatically given CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) at Associate Membership level.
Successful completers will be able to move into leadership or management roles within the Sector which may be aligned to an Apprenticeship at higher level. This progression will involve leading teams of people; acting as a mentor for staff; or specialising with the delivery of sporting and physical activity programmes to certain populations or communities.
We will undertake an assessment and skills scan to make sure that this qualification is suitable for you. It is preferable to have English and Maths GCSE Grade 4/C or above.
1-2-1 assessment and support to evidence the behaviours, skill and knowledge elements will take place in your workplace, at mutually convenient times and dates with your assessor.
End Point Assessment
All apprenticeship standards require apprentices to complete an end point assessment to successfully achieve the apprenticeship qualification. The end point assessment is;
An in tray test of knowledge components
Structured interview that assesses skills and behaviours documented within the competency portfolio.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16+
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 Children & Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 3 IT Infrastructure Apprenticeship
For ages 19+
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship