Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager Apprenticeship at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager Apprenticeship|
This Apprenticeship is specifically designed for management and leadership roles within children, young people and families’ settings. On completion of your apprenticeship, you should have the confidence, understanding and real-life experience necessary for making long-lasting changes to the lives of the most vulnerable in society. In doing so, you’ll build up the kind of qualities employers look for - no matter what you decide to do next.
In particular, you can expect to develop the following key skills:
- Care: Respecting and valuing practitioners, encouraging and enabling them to deliver excellent practice
- Compassion: Consideration and concern, combined with robust challenge and support
- Courage: Having honest conversations and encouraging practitioners to offer their own solutions to improving practice
- Communication: Building relationships with practitioners, peers and partner organisations
- Competence: Knowing the business, knowing what good practice looks like in others and having a relentless focus on delivering improved outcomes
- Commitment: Demonstrating a strong moral purpose, modelling the ethos and building the skills of others and retaining and maintaining own practice skills through effective CPD
Typically this apprenticeship will take 24 months to complete.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care.
- Registered residential childcare managers, deputies and assistant managers.
- Deputy and assistant managers in other adult or children and young people’s social care settings (further professional development/ qualification may be required once in post).
- Deputy Manager.
- Assistant Manager.
- Care Broker.
- Case Manager.
- Senior Support Worker.
- Day Care Manager.
- Residential Care Manager.
To be eligible – employees must:
- Be aged 19 years or older.
- Have been resident in the UK/EU for at least three years prior to commencing your apprenticeship.
- Be employed in England and have a Contract of Employment.
- Work for at least 30 hours per week.
- Not currently enrolled onto any other apprenticeship, or another DfE funded FE/HE programme.
- Undertake the Disclosure and Barring Service process and provide the result.
On achievement of your diploma and functional skills you will then complete:
- A situational judgement test. The test will highlight their competence in the application of the knowledge, skills and behaviours identified in the standard.
- A competence interview based on a portfolio of evidence. Evidence will consist of 3 / 4 complex cases, 3 / 5 observations of practice, testimony or feedback on practice and CPD record.
The results you achieve in these assessments will determine whether you are awarded a pass or a distinction. To achieve a distinction you must get a distinction in the test and interview.
No specific equipment required.
For ages 16+
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 IT Infrastructure Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Children & Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator
- Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship
For ages 19+
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship