Level 2 Apprenticeship Accounts/Finance Assistant at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 2 Apprenticeship Accounts/Finance Assistant|
An Accounts/Finance Assistant is an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within a business. The Accounts/Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the team of accountants with junior accounting duties. These can vary massively depending on the team structure and size of business.You could be working on a variety of financial activities from expenses and booking keeping to payroll and taxes. Employment possibilities for you includes accounts assistant/clerk, cashier and sales ledger clerk.
This level 2 apprenticeship is equivalent to 5 GCSEs graded at levels 9 to 4.Typically this apprenticeship will take 12-14 months to complete.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Knowledge component)
This element of the programme is delivered within the College and the modules within the qualification are;
- bookkeeping transactions
- bookkeeping controls
- elements of costing
- using accounting software
- working effectively in finance
- Foundation synoptic assessment
Competency portfolio construction (Skills and behaviour components)
This element of the programme is delivered within a workplace, and is a collaborative approach from employers and the College. This will enable all apprentices to demonstrate occupation competency and develop all required skills and professional behaviours.
An institute for apprenticeships regulated:
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Accounts/Finance Assistant
Progression opportunities include;
- A clearly defined and progressive career path
- Professional accreditation
- Advancement to accountancy specialisms.
- Further apprenticeship study
We will undertake an assessment and skills scan to make sure that this qualification is suitable for you. It is preferable to have English and Maths GCSE Grade 4/C or above.
The programme is structured on a modular basis and each module is delivered using a range of techniques including; class, case studies and discussions.
1-2-1 assessment and support to evidence the behaviours, skill and knowledge elements will take place in your workplace, at mutually convenient times and dates with your assessor.
End Point Assessment
All apprenticeship standards require apprentices to complete an end point assessment to successfully achieve the apprenticeship qualification. The end point assessment is;
- An in tray test of knowledge components
- Structured interview that assesses skills and behaviours documented within the competency portfolio.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16+
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 Children & Young People's Workforce: Early Years Educator
- Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 3 IT Infrastructure Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship
For ages 19+
- Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship