Level 3 Access to HE Radiography at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Access to HE Radiography|
|Subject Area||Access Courses|
A one year course designed to equip over 19s with the skills, confidence and academic qualification to enable them to progress to university. As a learner on this qualification you will be offered a coherent, integrated and supported year of study though which you will gain the knowledge, awareness, skills and confidence necessary for successful undergraduate study in a range of science and biomedical related progression routes.
To provide HE progression opportunities for adults who, because of social, educational or individual circumstances, do not have the necessary qualifications
To give learners a general introduction to the basic concepts, methods and key areas of knowledge within the core disciples taken and offer a coherent and stimulating framework within which they can broaden their intellectual outlook and make connections between subject areas
To help learners to develop and consolidate the various skills required to enable them to cope successfully with the demands of undergraduate study and to become independent, self-directed learners.
To establish a positive and supportive learning environment within which learners can build their confidence though successful learning and the sharing of their experience.
The course is 12.75 hours a week class context time over 3 days. At least 20 hours per week self-directed study. 35 weeks.
Gaining the fundamentals in:
- X-Ray tubes/X-ray production
- Medical Physics
- Energy and Waves
- Clinical Imaging and Radiotherapy
- Cell structure and function
- Chemistry: structure and properties of biological molecules
- Human Biology
- Introduction to matter
- The Blood
- The Cardiovascular System
- Reading and comprehension of texts
- Writing Standard English
- Using IT
- Statistics and probability
Learners primarily progress to a degree programme in Radiography or other healthcare related courses.
GCSE Maths, English and Science grade C/4 or above. Complete initial assessments in English and maths and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course.
Assessment consists of:
- Formal written examinations
- Oral presentations
- Formal essays
- Written reports
- At any one time you will be working on at least ¾ different assignments all due at the same time.
Access to a computer, basic stationery.
For ages 19+
- Level 3 Access to HE Nursing
- Level 3 Access to HE Creative & Digital Media
- Level 3 Access to HE Health and Human Science
- Level 1 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech
- Level 3 Access to HE Business Studies
- Level 3 Access to HE Social Work
- Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech
- Level 3 Access to HE Pharmacy
- Level 3 Access to HE Health & Social Care
- Level 3 Access to HE Engineering