Level 3 Access to HE Paramedic Science at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Access to HE Paramedic Science|
|Subject Area||Access Courses|
The course is aimed at adults (Over 19s) who have not had an opportunity to complete a Level 3 qualification (A Levels, BTEC); those whose qualifications are not recognised in the UK, adults whose children are now in full time education and are looking for a career change.
A one year course designed to equip over 19s with the skills, confidence and academic qualification to enable them to progress to a university course to study Paramedic Science. As a learner on this qualification you will be offered a coherent, integrated and supported year of study through which you will gain the knowledge, awareness, skills and confidence necessary for successful undergraduate study.
This is an Academic course and our aim is to equip students with the skills needed to succeed to Higher Education.
- Gain the Access certificate in Paramedic Science (equivalent to 3 A levels A-C_ allowing HE progression
- Gaining the fundamentals in Paramedic Science studies, including biology, psychology and maths
- Ability to use research skills and undertake independent study, take notes, plan and write essays and deliver presentations.
You can progress to a degree in Paramedic Science or other degree courses in a related field.
Employment opportunities include:
- Working in hospitals
- Working in the ambulance service
- Must have GCSE English and maths at grade C or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths – evidence will be required to be able to enrol
- Clean DBS (CRB) will be needed to enter all health related courses
- Subject to Status
- Resident in the UK
- Complete initial assessments in English and Maths and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course
- Sit a short interview
- Formal written examinations -Oral presentations-Formal essays -Written reports -Assignments -Exams -At any one time you will be working on at least 3-4 different assignments all due at the same time
Access to a computer, basic stationery, portfolio
For ages 19+
- Level 3 Access to HE Radiography
- Level 3 Access to HE Engineering
- Level 3 Access to HE Computing
- Level 3 Access to HE Health & Social Care
- Level 3 Access to HE Health and Human Science
- Level 1 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech
- Level 3 Access to HE Sports Science
- Level 3 Access to HE Counselling
- Level 3 Access to HE Social Work
- Level 3 Access to HE Science