The creative industries are a very important part of the British economy, making up thousands of jobs, and we offer a range of exciting courses in general and specialist media areas. The level 3 courses, equivalent to 3 A levels, are intended for anyone with an interest in Creative Media. There are three pathways to choose from: TV + Film, Game Design & Animation and Multimedia.
You will be introduced to a specialist range of media equipment, software and techniques that you will develop your understanding of throughout the two year course, dependant on which pathway you choose. Using the techniques and skills you develop, you will be challenged to create a range of final outcomes that showcase your understanding and express your ideas.
Our Creative Media courses are entirely project-based and will equip creative students to go to university to study in a wide variety of areas from journalism, digital photography, web design, film making, 2D or 3D modelling and animation for games.
Is it for you?
- You will need to be able to work both individually and within a team on project.
- You should be willing to express your ideas and develop them further through collaboration.
- You will need an openness to experimenting with new technical processes.
- You will need to be open to thinking reflectively; assessing your own work and critiquing the good and bad.
What careers are in media?
- Video content/Film producer
- Blog writer
- Web Designer
- Script writer
- Graphic Designer
- Game designer
View our students past and present projects!
Curriculum Manager - Visual Arts & Media
For ages 16-18
Level 1 UAL Diploma in Art Design & Media
Level 2 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production & Technology
Level 3 Creative Media Prod. & Technology, TV & Film
Level 3 UAL Extended Diploma in Creative Media & Technology - Multimedia