Stanmore College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. We have published our safeguarding policy on the website as well as providing information to all students and staff throughout the college.
The college strives to create an environment in which all students feel valued and are safe. There are strong links with Harrow Local Children’s Safeguarding Board ensuring that local trends are identified and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard students. The college has a Safeguarding policy and a Health and Wellbeing policy which are available on request.
Please find below a list of emergency contact numbers:
Help in an emergency
If you feel you or someone else is in immediate danger, you should call 999.
If it is not an emergency, but you need out of hours police, medical or
child protection services please contact:
- Police Non-emergency; call 101
- NHS Non-emergency: call 111
- Crisis out of hours urgent advice and support (NW London) 0800 0234 650
- Harrow children services (out of hours): 020 8424 0999
- Brent Children services (Out of hours): 020 8863 5250
If you require support or advice for non-urgent welfare and wellbeing
concerns, please use the service information below:
Child protection services
- Harrow Children and Family Services: 020 8901 2690
- Brent Children services: 020 8937 4300 (option 1)
- Hillington Children Services: 01895 556006.
Welfare and support services:
Mental Health Support
If you are struggling with your Mental Health and feel at risk, please go
immediately to A&E or dial 999. If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts, please
go straight to A&E or dial 999.
In a non-emergency, please see support services below:
- Samaritans 116 123.
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Saneline is a national mental health helpline providing information and
support to people with mental health problems and those who support
them. Telephone: 0300 304 7000 (4:30pm-10:30pm)
- SHOUT is UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for
anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to
cope and you need immediate help. Text: 85258 for help.
- "Speak CAMHS" is a helpline for children and young people offering
telephone support, basic counselling and problem-solving to young people
and their families to help prevent difficult periods from becoming a mental
health crisis. To access this service call 0800 328 4444 and select option
Our Safeguarding Team for Stanmore College
If you have any concerns about your safety or that of others please contact us on 07521 486594 or Email us on Safeguarding@stanmore.ac.uk.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Safeguarding Link Governor - Kate Parsley
Why Choose Stanmore?
Policies and Procedures
Our Location / Address
Life after Stanmore
Have your say
Become a Governor
Equality & Diversity
Alumni Case Studies
A Welcome from the Principal