|BTEC level 3 Sport Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
|16-18 year olds
The level 3 sport extended diploma is a course designed to give you a strong platform of knowledge to take into HE. It covers a wide range of modules which will inspire and build skills which will help you in university, employment and the outside world.
Modules you will study in year 1 include the following 4 mandatory units:
- Functional Anatomy
- Coaching for Performance and Fitness
- Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Specialised Fitness Training
The Sport study programme has been designed to give applicants an even better chance of getting into the career of their choice through the addition of specific activities. These will be augmented with HE talks, visits and workshops throughout the two years of study.
Most young people studying a level 3 vocational programme do so to enable them to get into university. Stanmore College has an excellent reputation for progression to higher education with success up to 20% higher than the London average for colleges.
- 4 GCSES at a grade 4 or C and above, preferably including GCSE P.E (or equivalent), English and Maths.
- Alternatively, Level 3 Sport Coaching and Performance.
- Individual learners who may be exceptions through interview will be reviewed for their suitability for the course.
- A range of assessment methods which are internally and externally assessed. This includes:
- Written Assignments
- Practical Activities
- Written Examinations
- Case Studies
- Individual and Group Presentations
- Synoptic Assessment
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.