|Qualification||Level 2 Beauty Therapy General NVQ|
|Subject Area||Beauty and Hairdressing|
|Attendance||Part-time, Onsite at Blossom Beauty Academy, 97 Stanmore Hill, Stanmore, HA7 3DZ, 24 weeks, one day a week for 5.5 hours from 9:30 till 3:00|
|Age Group(s)||16-18 year olds and Adults|
Whether just starting out in your career, want a change of direction, or are returning to work, the Beauty Industry offers a wide choice of potential career pathways.
Open 7 days a week and in the evenings if you want to work full time or part time to fit in with your family, the beauty industry has a job there waiting for you and we guarantee you a job interview!
To work in the industry you must be qualified, and the courses and training we offer at Blossom Beauty Academy are focused on ensuring you graduate with the qualifications and skills to move straight into the career pathway you decide on.
Many of our Graduate Therapists open their own Salons or work at a beauty salon,or become Mobile Therapists or self employed working from home.
Level 2 in Beauty Therapy General covers the essential knowledge and understanding needed to help you start your career as a therapist. This qualification will provide you with a range of theory knowledge and practical skills which will enable you to gain employment or complete further training in the Beauty Therapy industry. When you complete your qualification you will be graded a pass and will be able to progress onto Level 3.
FACIALS AND SKINCARE
- Skin Analysis
- Cleansing, balancing, toning & moisturising
- Steaming, Extraction and Full Facial Massage
- Selecting, mixing and applying tailor-made face masques
- The theory in this module involves the anatomy & physiology of the upper torso; including the muscles, bones, blood and nerve supply
- Theory of the skin
- Two different methods of hair removal; hot bees wax and cream strip wax
- Techniques for waxing all areas of the face and body
- Theory work on hair growth and patterns
- Post treatment care techniques
- Consultation and selling skills
LASH & BROW TREATMENTS
- Patch test techniques
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting
- Eyelash perming techniques
- Eyebrow shaping
MANICURE & PEDICURE
- Maintenance and care techniques for the nails, the skin of the hands and feet
- The application of colour to the nails on both hands and feet
- French manicure and pedicure techniques
- Paraffin wax and warm oil treatments
- Theory of this unit includes an in-depth study of the structure of the nail as well as the anatomy and physiology of the rest of the lower leg and forearms
- Contraindications to all treatments
- Client consultation & selling techniques
- Salon reception skills and management duties
You will become qualified in carrying out practical beauty skills, also you will have gained the knowledge in how the industry works, laws, insurance and commercial skills.
The course will provide good employment opportunities upon graduation and creates the perfect foundation for further study. You may wish to progress onto the full Level 3 Beauty Therapy Including Spa Treatments course after the completion of your Level 2 to expand your treatment offerings, knowledge and further increase your potential career opportunities.
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty therapy diploma course is 16 years – no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this course.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently
- English and maths GCSE grade 3 or equivalent e.g. ‘O’ level grade D
Assessment includes the completion of a portfolio which will need to be handed in within 3 weeks of completing the course. Practical assessments will be carried out in class. You will be assess through theory exams (multiple choice), practical assessment and assignments for each unit. Upon completion of the course you will receive the following certificate:
- VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Studies Diploma
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification. Everything will be provided by the academy except for the uniform.
For ages 16-18
Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
Level 3 Diploma In beauty Therapy Treatments
Level 3 Diploma in Womens Hairdressing
Level 3 in Beauty Therapy General