|Qualification||Level 3 Access to HE Pharmacy|
A one year course designed to equip over 19s with the skills, confidence and academic qualification to enable them to progress to university. As a learner on this qualification you will be offered a coherent, integrated and supported year of study through which you will gain the knowledge, awareness, skills and confidence necessary for successful undergraduate study in a range of science and biomedical related progression routes.
- To provide HE progression opportunities for adults who, because of social, educational or individual circumstances, do not have the necessary qualifications;
- To give learners a general introduction to the basic concepts, methods and key areas of knowledge within the core disciplines taken and offer a coherent and stimulating framework within which they can broaden their intellectual outlook and make connections between subject areas;
- To help learners to develop and consolidate the various skills required to enable them to cope successfully with the demands of undergraduate study and to become independent, self-directed learners; -To establish a positive and supportive learning environment within which learners can build their confidence through successful learning and the sharing of their experience;
The course is 12 hours a week class contact time over 3 or 4 days. At least 20 hours per week self-directed study. 32 weeks.
Gaining the fundamentals in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences through studying subjects such as:
- Atoms, particles and formulae
- Mole calculations
- Use of common types of drugs
- Cardiovascular system
- The Endocrine System
Completion of the course will lead to students progressing to university to undertake a foundation degree or a degree in science and science-related areas.
Learners primarily progress to Higher Education study in areas related to Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences. These may include:
- Biomedical Science
GCSE maths, English and Science grade C or above. Complete initial assessments in English and maths and a short piece of writing at the interview session to assess suitability for the course.
Assessment consists of:
- Formal written examinations
- Oral presentations
- Formal essays
- Written reports
At any one time you will be working on at least 3/4 different assignments all due at the same time.
Access to a computer, calculator, basic stationery, portfolio
Level 1 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech
Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Applied Science and Tech
Level 3 Access to HE Computing
Level 3 Access to HE Creative & Digital Media
Level 3 Access to HE Diploma Business Studies
Level 3 Access to HE Diploma in Counselling
Level 3 Access to HE Diploma in Social Work
Level 3 Access to HE Engineering
Level 3 Access to HE Health & Social Care
Level 3 Access to HE Health and Human Science
Level 3 Access to HE Nursing
Level 3 Access to HE Paramedic Science
Level 3 Access to HE Radiography
Level 3 Access to HE Science
Level 3 Access to HE Teacher Training
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All