Throughout your time at college, you will receive a huge amount of pastoral support to help you to be successful in your studies.
All full time students are assigned a personal tutor. Your tutor will guide you through your course, track your achievements and help you access the varied support available. Above all, your personal tutor will help to celebrate all of your successes, walking alongside you on your academic journey.
Personal tutors will:
- Help you settle in and adjust to college life
- Support you to overcome any challenges that you may experience at college
- Raise awareness of the support that is available
- Help you with any attendance difficulties
- Create actions for you to raise your achievement
- Give you individual support if you are struggling with your work and/or meeting deadlines
- Liaise with your teachers to ensure you maximise your learning
- Listen and provide help and support with issues that may be affecting your college life
- Help you to become an independent, resilient student
Parent partnership is very important to us. We communicate with parents on a regular basis to ensure that every student is supported to reach their full potential.
Parents will receive:
- Prompt contact in the event of poor attendance or progress
- An invitation to a welcome evening in the first half term
- An invitation to attend progress evenings twice in each academic year
- Progress reports twice a year
Counselling can provide advice and support with:
- Trained personnel to talk to about issues that are important to you
- Providing support to overcome barriers to your learning
- Overcoming stress and change