A Beautiful Learning Environment
Stanmore College is set in a suburban residential district of northwest London in the London Borough of Harrow. It has excellent transport links as you will see below and a lot of eateries and shops to choose from on the main high street.
The first thing you may notice about Stanmore is just how green it is --- upon leaving the station, you're immediately faced with a screen of trees. The area enjoys beautiful parks and a panoramic view of London. Stanmore College is located just 10 minutes' walk from Stanmore Underground Station (Jubilee line).
The following buses stop near the main College site: 142, 340, 324, H12 and the 615.
The College is a lively and friendly place, with a great atmosphere and exciting opportunities!
It offers a wide range of full-time courses for students who have done their GCSEs and a range of progression opportunities including apprenticeships and higher level education for adults. Ofsted says learners benefit from very good care and guidance.
The buildings look great inside -- they are regularly refurbished and students have commented on how well maintained they are and bright and airy with motivating pictures and alumni stories of existing and former Stanmore students. It doesn't take long to find your way around the College as the buildings and classrooms are all well sign posted and, to fit in with the lovely leafy area, they are named after trees, Larch, Oak and so on! Industry standard resources within a modern learning environment and facilities at Stanmore College include:
- Contemporary café and student lounge (there's even a Costa coffee section in the café)!
- Sports hall with a range of court options.
- Fitness suite/state of the art gym, sports and clubs.
- Modern learning centre with the latest software packages and equipment. A great place for studying and completing assignments in a quiet well-resourced spacious environment.
- Well-equipped media (and I.T. suites) and a STEM Hub, alongside state of the art laboratories.
- Art and Design studio.
- Social Learning Centre where students can work in teams to solve real employers' problems.
- Fabulous student lounge area.
- Multi-faith prayer room
- Day nursery.
- Disabled facilities.
Stanmore College is a STEM Assured College, an accolade conferred by the New Engineering Foundation after a rigorous accreditation process. The College has a number of Open events every year; why not come along and check it out for yourself?