Kickstart – Don’t miss out! We can help you
Employers, the Government’s new Kickstart Scheme has just commenced.
It aims to create placements for 16-24 year olds, who are currently receiving Universal Credit to work 25 hours a week over a 6 month period. This post will be funded completely by the Government, this includes employer National Insurance contributions and automatic enrolment contributions. The National Minimum Wage rate will be paid to young people based on their age entitlement.
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
The great news is that this opportunity is open to all organisations regardless of size. Kickstart is giving young people the opportunity to get their careers started, and gain valuable experience as part of that career journey while providing staff for employers.
The job placements must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies;
- cause existing employees, apprentices or contractors to lose work or reduce their working hours;
Employers will receive £1500 for each successful placement for set up costs.
A Kickstart Scheme application must be for a minimum of 30 job placements. If you do not have 30 job placements don’t worry, it may just be for one, just contact us and we will be able to refer you to a Kickstart gateway who can help employers with 29 or less job placements by applying for funding on your behalf.
The guide to the Scheme is available here