Level 2 NCFE Diploma in Skills for Business
|Qualification||Level 2 NCFE Diploma in Skills for Business|
|Age Group(s)||16-18 year olds|
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Skills for Business, learners must achieve a minimum of 6 units (minimum of 48 credits) from a choice of 10 optional units:
• Unit 01 Business culture and responsibilities (8 credits)
• Unit 02 Deliver customer service in a business environment (8 credits)
• Unit 03 Produce documents in a business environment (8 credits)
• Unit 04 Solve problems in a business environment (8 credits)
• Unit 05 Work with others in a business environment (8 credits)
• Unit 06 Communicate in a business environment (8 credits)
• Unit 07 Contribute to running a project (8 credits)
• Unit 08 Innovation in a business environment (8 credits)
• Unit 09 Manage and improve own performance in a business environment (8 credits)
• Unit 10 Respond to change in a business environment (8 credits)
This qualification provides transferable skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in any business setting. The units are aligned to National Occupational Standards for business and represent the core attributes required by employers in a range of business settings. Learners can progress into further study to build upon these skills or to focus on a more specific vocational pathway.
This qualification aims to provide learners with:
- an understanding of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment
- the skills required to solve problems in a business environment
- an understanding of business culture and responsibilities
- the ability to successfully communicate and work with others in a business environment
- the opportunity to develop the skills required to manage and improve their own performance in a business environment.
Essential skills While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to measure skills such as:
- an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress
- appropriate interpersonal skills
- communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- supporting other aspiring employees
- personal manners and deportment
- understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.
Employment or Level 3 Certificate, Diploma and Apprenticeship.
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16+ who want to progress into employment in the first instance, or further learning, depending on their own needs and interests.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners must have already achieved a Level 1 qualification & fluent in English.
Coursework and a portfolio.
Use of Moodle, Computer at home, text books and other independent study material as required.
Further costs are required to support external visits.
For ages 16-18
Level 1 BTEC Diploma in Business Administration
Level 2 Certificate in Financial Education (CeFE)
Level 2 NCFE Diploma Business Administration
Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Business
Level 3 Certificate in Financial Studies (CeFS)
Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Business
Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Business
T-Levels Management and Administration
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All