Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science|
|Subject Area||Vocational Science|
This course is intended for anyone wishing to enter a career in science, and deepens the learner's experience in preparation for the world of work. It is equivalent to 3 'A' levels.
This is a two year full time course.
Students need to complete 12 units (6 in each year), to gain their BTEC National Diploma award. 6 units are core units which all students take. They introduce fundamentals of science, working in the science industry, scientific investigation and practical techniques and perceptions of science.Students will also study a range of other units that include:
- Principles and Applications of Science I
- Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
- Science Investigation Skills
- Laboratory Techniques and their Applications
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Diseases and Infections
Progression could be into employment where professional body examinations or NVQ's may be taken, or students could continue to higher education programmes in this area.
4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English, Maths and Science, or BTEC First Diploma in a related science subject at Merit grade.
Exam Board: Edexcel
Continuous portfolio-based assessment covering a variety of scientific investigations.
Materials: £35 towards the cost of textbooks plus visits, etc.
For ages 16-18
- T-Levels Science
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science - Forensic +Criminal Investigation
- Level 2 BTEC First Award in Principles of Applied Science
- GCSE Biology
- AS Chemistry
- Level 1 BTEC Introductory Diploma in Applied Science
Tom PadfieldDeputy Head of School - STEM
Vik SeeborunHead of School - Science, IT, Eng, ACC & Maths
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All