Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring at Stanmore College
NCFE Level 1 Award in Mentoring qualification is designed for learners who want to gain a deeper understanding of the role of a mentor and to develop the skills needed to become an effective mentor.
The aims of the qualification are to help learners to:
- gain insight into the role and practice of mentorship
- be clear about mentor/mentee relationships
- ensure they follow good practice
- develop the specific skills and understanding they will require in order to mentor
- reflect on their own learning and work performance
- understand the benefits of mentoring
- understand legal and ethical mentoring requirements
Achieving this qualification To be awarded the NCFE Level 1 Award in Mentoring, learners are required to successfully complete one unit from Group A and both units from Group B.
- Unit 01 Role of a mentor (Level 1)
- Unit 02 Role of a mentor (Level 2) Group B
- Unit 03 Preparing for the role of a mentor
- Unit 04 Demonstrating mentoring skills
There are no formal entry requirements.
Assessment Informal assessment by tutor, will be carried out throughout the course. During the course you will be required to give feedback and complete a short questionnaire at the end of the course.
For ages 19+
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel Certificate in Providing Security Services
- Mindfulness Courses
- Level 2 BCS ECDL Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 1 BCS Award in IT User Skills (ECDL Essentials)
- Level 1 NCFE Award in Health and Safety Awareness ( & Risk Assessments with Covid-19 requirements)
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in Digital Skills
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety