Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
With increasing worries at each life stage, whether linked to exam pressure, work expectations, unemployment or financial difficulties, it is not surprising that individuals may struggle to cope with the demands of everyday life. Approximately one in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year. This is why it is more important than ever before to increase our understanding of mental health in order to tackle this growing health concern and challenge the stigma attached to mental ill health.
This qualification will enable you to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of mental health and well-being. It will equip learners with the skills needed to work in a mental health service, making it ideal for those who want to progress in the health and social care sector.
This qualification is ideal for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of mental health and mental well-being. This could include those who already work in mental health services and want to progress within their career, as well as those who want to develop their knowledge for personal reasons or to start a new career in the sector.
The course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Understanding the context of mental health and well-being Unit 2: Promotion of mental health and well-being Unit 3: Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences Unit 4: Understanding mental ill health Unit 5: Working in mental health.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
No exams just assessments.
Laptop or Computer.
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Dance, Fitness and Wellbeing
- Introduction to IT for ESOL learners
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Certificate in Wellbeing
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
- Beginners IT Word and Excel
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Chair Yoga
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- Digital Parenting for ESOL learners