Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
Did you know one in four British adults experience at least one diagnosable mental health problem each year? The most common is mixed anxiety and depression, but there are many other issues which have a huge impact on a person’s life and the people around them.
Anyone who works around people with mental health problems needs to understand each condition fully. Likewise, anyone who has seen someone experience mental health problems would benefi t from understanding the meaning, causes, effects, symptoms and management of the condition. This nationally recognised qualifi cation covers all of these aspects and is the perfect place to start.
The qualifi cation is suitable for anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge of mental health problems, the factors that cause mental ill-health and the ways that mental health problems can be managed. The course is also suitable for those who already work in this area, anyone who wants to secure a job linked to mental health and anyone who wants to gain more knowledge for personal reasons.
This course is split into thirteen manageable units: Unit 1: Understanding mental health Unit 2: Understanding stress Unit 3: Understanding anxiety Unit 4: Understanding phobias Unit 5: Understanding depression Unit 6: Understanding post-natal depression Unit 7: Understanding bipolar disorder Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia Unit 9: Understanding dementia Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders Unit 11: Understanding Attention Defi cit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Unit 12: Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Unit 13: Understanding Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualifi cation
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
Laptop or computer.
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Level 1 BCS Award in IT User Skills (ECDL Essentials)
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Improvers IT for ESOL learners
- Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Introduction to IT for ESOL learners
- Chair Yoga
- Mindfulness Courses
- Dance, Fitness and Wellbeing
- Level 1 NCFE in Employability Skills
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in IT User Skills