Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
Many job roles involve interaction with customers, clients or colleagues to inform, advise or guide them, and there are many techniques it is important to be aware of in order to carry this out effectively. This course aims to equip you with the practical skills needed to successfully convey information, advice or guidance in a wide range of situations and sectors. The course covers a variety of key topics crucial to providing an excellent and efficient service, including questioning, listening and communicating techniques, the importance of confidentiality and how to overcome barriers.
This course is suitable for anyone working in, or looking to work in, a role which involves the giving of information, advice or guidance. The knowledge gained by carrying out this qualifi cation is transferable across a wide range of sectors, allowing you to apply it to your own employment context.
This course is split into five manageable units: Unit 1: Information, advice or guidance in practice Unit 2: Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance Unit 3: Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance Unit 4: Information, advice or guidance in context Unit 5: Skills for advice providers
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your communication skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
The minimum age requirement is 19 years old.
Laptop or computer.
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 1 BCS Award in IT User Skills (ECDL Essentials)
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
- Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly
- Level 3 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 BCS ECDL Award in IT User Skills
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
- Mindfulness Courses
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in Digital Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health