Level 1 NCFE Award in Health and Safety Awareness ( & Risk Assessments with Covid-19 requirements) at Stanmore College
This is a 2-day course on line, approx., 9am until 4.40pm. This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of health and safety.
This qualification will:
- Focus on the study of the basic principles of health and safety, including hazards and risks within the workplace.
Qualification objectives. The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- Understand the importance of health and safety procedures.
- Raise awareness of the potential hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Understand implications of poor health and safety.
- Know key rights and responsibilities relating to health and safety.
Full NCFE Certification
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- *Highfield Level 2 in Conflict Management (RQF) - 2 days in the classroom, continue on from this course
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Occupational Health and Safety It may be useful to those studying qualifications or working in a range of different sectors.
To achieve: NCFE Level 1 Award in Health and Safety Awareness, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes of the unit as detailed in the qualification specification, delivered on MS Teams.
- Your workbook will be sent in advance for you to complete various exercises prior to attending 1st lesson
- Your completed workbook will need to be required for verification.
Risk Assessment – by the end of day 2, you will be able to write a Risk Assessment
*Progression from this qualification is : Conflict Management – 2 day course
- To be delivered in the Classroom as this needs group interaction. Examination (Multiple choice) set at the end of day 2.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, This is a short course and at least 90 % attendance is required
Internally assessed via mandatory workbook
Pen and paper / Workbook / Laptop / Computer
For ages 19+
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
- Level 1 BCS ECDL Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring
- Beginners IT Word and Excel
- Level 1 NCFE in Employability Skills
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety
- First Aid at work
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- Mindfulness Courses