Entry 3 Essential Digital Skills at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Entry 3 Essential Digital Skills|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
THIS COURSE IS FREE subject to status - DON'T MISS OUT!
Over 11 million people in the UK do not have the digital skills necessary to succeed in the workplace or to actively engage with an increasing range of digital services.
The qualifications are appropriate for adults across a wide range of settings. The qualifications are aimed at two levels:
Entry level - qualifications designed for adults with no or little prior experience of using digital devices or the internet.
Level 1 - if you have some experience of using digital devices and the internet but lack basic digital skills check out the Level 1 Essential Digital Skills course.
The qualifications cover all 5 skills areas set out in the national standards:
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online.
For further information, access the National Standards for Essential Digital Skills document.
The DfE national standards in essential digital skills acknowledges that some adults may need support to handle and use digital devices for the first time and learn the following foundation skills before enrolling on an entry level course.
- Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
- Using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
- Use of accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
- Interacting with the home screen on a device
- Connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
- Opening and accessing an application on a device.
The courses are available at two levels. Progression may be to the next level of qualification, onto higher-level IT qualifications or a number of other college programmes.
No previous formal qualifications are required for entry to these qualifications. Learners should normally have English skills at the level below their chosen qualification. Students must achieve at least 80% attendance.
Initial assessment required prior to start.
Target Group for Qualification: These qualifications have no formal entry requirements but are aimed at a range of learners, who:
- Have no or limited experience of using digital devices
- Require skills to
- Apply for government funding
- Manage finances
- Progress in work or further study
- Communicate with family, friends, colleagues and peers who are at a distance
This course is assessed via an online examination and internal assessment during the course.
Lesson delivered on line. Must have access to a computer and Office 365
For ages 19+
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
- Level 2 BCS ECDL Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 1 BCS Award in IT User Skills (ECDL Essentials)
- Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety
- Beginners IT Word and Excel
- Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People