Level 1 NCFE Certificate in Digital Skills at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 1 NCFE Certificate in Digital Skills|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
The purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to demonstrate understanding of, and competency in, digital literacy skills. It will help learners progress to a work role where digital literacy skills are required. This qualification will provide opportunities to acquire several practical skills with the objective of this qualification are to enable learners to apply digital skills in personal and business situations to understand how to maintain safety and security when using data and devices and to find and use information using digital resources to facilitate own learning and career progression.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Digital Skills, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units and one of the two optional units, 5 and 6.
- Unit 01 Find and use information
- Unit 02 Safety and security when using data and digital devices
- Unit 03 Communicating and collaborating online
- Unit 04 Using word processing software Optional units
- Unit 05 Using a computer
- Unit 06 Digital career development
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved an Entry Level qualification in ICT.
Assessment Informal assessment by tutor, will be carried out throughout the course. During the course you will be required to give feedback and complete a short questionnaire at the end of the course.
For ages 19+
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
- Level 2 Certificate in Special Education Needs and Disability
- Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly
- Level 2 Certificate Principles of Business Administration
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel Certificate in Providing Security Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills