Digital Parenting for ESOL learners at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Digital Parenting for ESOL learners|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
This course is designed to assist parents with emails, contacting schools, be able to log on to school portals, how to check your child’s report on line. How to check for school dates and calendar, on-line homework, child’s attendance and report to the teacher. Understanding Safeguarding and signs of cyber bullying. Understanding key phases used on social media, emoji’s and mobile messaging.
Be able to understand issues and concerns with on line and social media. Be aware of children online issues and to support their child.
Further on courses on ESOL and on Digital media.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, but completion of questionnaire or interview prior to enrolling. This is a short course and 90% attendance is required.
Informal assessment by tutor, will be carried out throughout the course. During the course you will be required to give feedback and complete a short questionnaire at the end of the course.
Pen and Notepad. Must have own smart phone. Although surface wipes and hand gel will be available, please bring your own mask.
For ages 19+
- Chair Yoga
- Entry 3 Essential Digital Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel Certificate in Providing Security Services
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in Digital Skills
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Special Education Needs and Disability