Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care at Stanmore College
With 850,000 people in the UK living with dementia, and this number expected to rise to over one million by 2025, dementia is a growing issue which impacts upon the individual as well those who support them.
This course will enable you to develop an in-depth understanding of dementia and its effects, by exploring the various types of dementia, the importance of early diagnosis, as well as focusing on person-centred approaches to dementia care.
This course is ideal for those already employed in the health and social care sector who wish to upskill and develop their knowledge of dementia and dementia care, home carers or individuals looking into a career in the care profession.
This course is split into seven manageable units: Unit 1: Understanding dementia Unit 2: Understand how person-centred approaches are used to underpin the care and support of individuals with dementia Unit 3: Principles of communication and interaction in dementia care and support Unit 4: Supporting positive interaction, occupation and activity in dementia care Unit 5: Principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care and support Unit 6: Understand how to support individuals with dementia to exercise choice and rights Unit 7: Principles of the administration of medication and well-being of individuals with dementia.
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the care industry
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
Laptop or Computer.
For ages 19+
- Mindfulness Courses
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Personal Exercise Health and Nutrition
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Introduction to IT for ESOL learners
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Level 1 NCFE Award in Mentoring
- Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel Certificate in Providing Security Services