Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills at Stanmore College
Many people find it helpful and empowering to seek the support of counselling at some point in their lives. People in any situation could benefit from counselling, and those with the correct understanding, knowledge and skills can provide them with support to improve personal well-being.
This qualifi cation focusses on key counselling skills to enable you to provide support wherever it is required. The course provides you with an understanding of various theoretical approaches, as well as covering the importance of a counselling relationship and helpful interaction techniques.
This course does not qualify you to practice as a counsellor, but is suitable for those who wish to increase their understanding of counselling skills and techniques in order to engage in helpful interaction appropriately. You could use this knowledge to complement an existing role, or as a basis for continued study to attain a qualifi cation in this sector.
This course is split into four manageable units: Unit 1: Using counselling skills Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your counselling skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
Laptop or computer.
For ages 19+
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Level 1 EDCL Award in Health and Safety Awareness ( & Risk Assessments with Covid-19 requirements)
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly
- Beginners IT Word and Excel
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety
- Level 1 BCS Award in IT User Skills (ECDL Essentials)
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care