Chair Yoga at Stanmore College
Chair yoga is a gentle practice in which postures are performed while seated and/or with the aid of a chair. Chair yoga classes typically target those with less flexibility at any age, physical disabilities or aging men and women who find a typical yoga session too challenging. It is also a great form of yoga for beginners or anyone who wants to focus on a gentle practice. Can be carried out either by sitting on the chair or lying on the floor.
All yoga students will feel a connection to the body and more calm with a great sense of wellbeing.
Progression onto more challenging chair yoga or other more challenging yoga classes. Like Hatha yoga or yin or even ashtanga flowing yoga. It is essential to understand about how the shapes impact on the body and mind, understanding the correct alignment to protect the body, slowing down with the movements which has an effect on calming the mind.
No formal previous yoga experience necessary, an open mind and willingness to learn how to slow down and embrace the whole health and wellbeing benefits for the mind and body. This is a short course and 90% attendance is required.
Informal assessment by tutor, will be carried out throughout the course. During the course you will be required to give feedback and complete a short questionnaire at the end of the course.
If you have a yoga mat, blocks and eye bags please bring them along. Hand and surface wipes ,Small flannel/ towel Please wear comfortable clothing.
For ages 19+
- Level 1 NCFE CACHE Award in Understanding Safeguarding in Education and Childcare Settings
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in Digital Skills
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in IT User Skills
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate of Team Leading
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- Digital Parenting for ESOL learners
- Introduction to IT for ESOL learners
- Level 2 Certificate Principles of Business Administration
- Level 2 BCS ECDL Award in IT User Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance