Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 2 Certificate in Caring for the Elderly|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
People in the UK now have an average life expectancy of 72 years. The population aged 65 years and over is growing faster than the working age population aged 16 to 64 years; but not everyone remains healthy throughout their longer lives.
This is something you will look at in more detail during this course when learning what types of care an elderly person may need currently and at the end of their life. Throughout this qualification, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of working in elderly care. This course includes information on the principles of elderly care, health issues affecting the elderly, individual rights, and communication.
The course is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of working with the elderly. It may be useful as an introduction for those who wish to pursue a career in working in elderly care settings, and those wishing to expand on their existing knowledge. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above who have a minimum of level 2 or equivalent qualification in English and maths.
This course is split up into six units: Unit 1: Principles of elderly care in the UK Unit 2: Maintaining health and well-being in elderly care Unit 3: Common health issues affecting individuals in elderly care Unit 4: Individual rights in elderly care Unit 5: Minimising risk in elderly care Unit 6: Communication in elderly care
This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within your sector
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Laptop or computer.
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Digital Parenting for ESOL learners
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
- Entry 3 Essential Digital Skills
- Beginners IT Word and Excel
- Improvers IT for ESOL learners
- Level 3 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 1 BCS Award in IT User Skills (ECDL Essentials)
- Level 1 NCFE Certificate in Digital Skills
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel Certificate in Providing Security Services