Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People|
|Subject Area||Short Courses|
There are many factors that can impact on children and young people at different stages of their development. It is important to understand what these factors are, as well as the ways in which children and young people’s development can be enhanced through activity and interaction.
Throughout this qualification, you will explore how children’s development can be influenced by factors such as nutrition, and gain an understanding of the various safeguarding responsibilities of those who care for children and young people. You will also discover the importance of activities,play and interaction, and learn how to contribute positively to the development of children and young people at different stages.
This course is suitable for anyone currently working with, or intending to work with, children and young people, or anyone who wishes to increase their understanding of care for these age groups. The qualification can also be used to complement a personal or voluntary role working with children and young people.
This course is split into five manageable units: Unit 1: Young children’s development Unit 2: The value of play to young children Unit 3: Importance of play for early learning Unit 4: Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people Unit 5: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your care skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Laptop or computer.
For ages 16-18
For ages 19+
- Level 1 EDCL Award in Health and Safety Awareness ( & Risk Assessments with Covid-19 requirements)
- Digital Parenting for ESOL learners
- Level 2 Pearson Edexcel NVQ Certificate in Spectator Safety
- Chair Yoga
- Level 3 Certificate in The Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 2 BCS ECDL Award in IT User Skills
- Beginners IT Word and Excel
- Level 1 Essential Digital Skills
- First Aid at work