Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Nutrition & Health at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Nutrition & Health|
|Subject Area||Health And Social Care Studies|
This qualification aims to:-
- Increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- Increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- Provide an understanding of how an individual's dietary requirements change throughout their life
- Provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- Provide information on eating disorders
- Increase understanding of the role of a healthy diet for weight management
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Nutrition & Health, learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units. This qualification consists of 5 mandatory units:-
- Unit 01 Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 02 Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 03 Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 04 The principles of weight management
The objectives of this qualification are to:-
- Give learners working, or intending to work, in settings such as Sport and Recreation, Exercise and Fitness, Hospitality and Catering or Healthcare an understanding of nutrition and health to support their role in the workplace.
- Enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of healthcare, sport and leisure, or hospitality and catering.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:-
- Level 2 qualifications in Hospitality and Catering
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 qualifications in Health Promotion
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Sport and Active Leisure
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
- English grade 3 (D) or equivalent/College assessment.
- Level 1 qualification.
Internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio of evidence.
For ages 16-18
- Level 1 Diploma in Health & Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
For ages 19+
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
Ike OdinaDeputy Head of School - CHE
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All