Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care at Stanmore College
|Qualification||Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care|
|Subject Area||Health And Social Care Studies|
This is a vocationally related QCF qualification with 123 guided learning hours. Within this time you can expect to be involved in formal learning activities which could include classes, tutorials or seminars. You’re also expected to work independently, researching the subject and preparing for class-based activities. 100 per cent of this qualification focuses on developing your knowledge and understanding of the principles of dementia care.
The primary purpose of this qualification is to help you prepare to enter, or progress within, employment within the Health or Social Care sector in a variety of job roles where an understanding of dementia and the care of people with dementia is required. You can also take this qualification to support your progression into further learning within the Health and Social Care sector. This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of end of life care.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care, learners are required to successfully complete all 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Understand how to work in end of life care (3 credits)*
- Unit 02 Care planning in end of life care (2 credits)
- Unit 03 Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort (3 credits)
- Unit 04 End of life care and dementia (2 credits)*
- Unit 05 Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death (3 credits)*
- Unit 06 Understand loss and grief in end of life care (3 credits)
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- Give learners working in, or intending to work in, healthcare and social care the knowledge and understanding of end of life care to support their role.
- Enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of health and social care.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- NCFE Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Apprenticeships in Health & Social Care
- English grade D (3 points) or equivalent/ College assessment
The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care is internally assessed.
Each candidate must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit.
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 1 Diploma in Health & Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
For ages 19+
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Nutrition & Health
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
Ike OdinaDeputy Head of School - CHE
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All