Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care at Stanmore College
|Qulification||Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care|
|Subject Area||Health And Social Care Studies|
This is a vocationally related QCF qualification with 123 guided learning hours. Within this time you can expect to be involved in formal learning activities which could include classes, tutorials or seminars. You’re also expected to work independently, researching the subject and preparing for class-based activities. 100 per cent of this qualification focuses on developing your knowledge and understanding of the principles of dementia care.
This qualification aims to assist learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia. It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues around the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
This qualification doesn’t infer competence in the work role, but can be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in or towards a dementia care role.
The primary purpose of this qualification is to help you prepare to enter, or progress within, employment within the Health or Social Care sector in a variety of job roles where an understanding of dementia and the care of people with dementia is required. You can also take this qualification to support your progression into further learning within the Health and Social Care sector.
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 3 Certificate in Dementia Care
- Healthcare support service worker
- Clinical healthcare support worker
- Healthcare assistant
- Nursing assistant
- Mental health support worker
- Mental health outreach worker
- Substance misuse worker
- Health education/health promotion worker
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in residential settings
- Healthcare assistants/support workers in community and primary care environments
- Healthcare assistants/support workers in acute health environments
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services
- Personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families
- English grade D (3 points) or equivalent/ College assessment
Assignments and Work placement assessment
There are no specific resource requirements for this qualification.
For ages 16-18
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 1 Diploma in Health & Social Care, Children and Young People Settings
- Level 2 NCFE CACHE Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
For ages 19+
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in Nutrition & Health
- Level 2 NCFE Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
Ike OdinaDeputy Head of School - CHE
Doing this course could lead to great job outcomes such as:
Data powered by LMI for All